Ashtar App is committed to protecting the safety and security of our registered users, including parents, teachers, and students (collectively, Registrants) and we are sensitive to our Registrant’s concerns about the safety of the information provided to us.
1) How we use your information to personalize the service we offer you
- to help us communicate with you. We use information about where you are, for example, to provide content in the most appropriate language
- to identify you when you access our websites from different devices
- to identify your likes and dislikes. We look at which of our website pages you visit most or which destinations you visit most frequently to understand what you are most interested in
- to understand more about your preferences and your purchasing habits – our data analytics tools and segmentation tools allow us to match you with customers who are like you. Sometimes we use data and/or systems provided by third parties as part of this process.We know that similar customers are interested in similar products and services, so we group similar customers together in ‘segments’. We use segment information to improve our communications with you and recommend to you those services we think will be most interesting to you, including new products and services offered by our partners. We also use it to make sure that we show you adverts which we think will be of most interest to you when you visit through our website pages.
2) How we protect your information
We protect your personal information against unauthorized access, unlawful use, accidental loss, corruption or destruction.
We use technical measures such as encryption and password protection to protect your information and the systems they are held in. We also use operational measures to protect the information, for example by limiting the number of people who have access to the databases in which our booking information is held.
We keep these security measures under review and refer to industry security standards to keep up to date with current best practice.
3) Sharing your information
We share some of your personal information with, or obtain personal information from, the following categories of third parties:
Data analytics companies and advertisers: Depending on the cookies settings you have selected through our Privacy Interface tool (which will be available on or before 25 May 2018), we may use your information in our data management platform. This platform helps us to understand more about you and your interests. We may share a limited and pseudonymised (or partially anonymised) version of your information with other parties, or add to your data to other information which we have received from third party advertisers. We may use such information to make the connection between you and the devices you use.
4) Updating and accessing your personal information
Registrants have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about them, and Registrants can also update their personal information at any time, in each case by contacting Educational App Store.
If you wish to receive a copy of this information or to update or correct information held about you, please address your request to the Technical Team (contact details below). We will endeavor to deal with your request promptly.
When you get in touch, we will come back to you as soon as possible and where possible within one month. If your request is more complicated, it may take a little longer to come back to you but we will come back to you within two months of your request. We may also ask you to verify your identity before we provide any information to you.
5) Contact us
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, you may have the right to contact the regulator responsible for privacy in your home country.
We will respond to all requests, inquiries or concerns within thirty (30) days.